Custom campaigns

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Anyone want to give the custom Left 4 Dead campaign Detour Ahead a shot?

I have it installed and ready to go. I just need 3 others to run through it with me.

I should mention in advance that the campaign only includes 2 Co-op maps and 1 Survival map so far.

This campaign does come packaged as a .VPK file. For more information on .VPK files, read Get your Campaign On, an article on the official L4D blog.

I managed to get Detour Ahead installed on the ToJ L4D server.

Anyone interested in playing the campaign should download it from the link in the OP and message me on Steam.

I'll try it out first. I don't want to get lost when playing it the first time. ;)

Huh, having trouble download it or anything on that site.

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I pinged them and got 25-75% loss, heh.

Last edited:
We, Tek7, Parabellum, }Soc{ Logos, and myself, played this the other night and it ws really fun. A very well designed map. Look forward to seeing more of them from this person or team.

We, Tek7, Parabellum, }Soc{ Logos, and myself, played this the other night and it ws really fun. A very well designed map. Look forward to seeing more of them from this person or team.
/agree

I'm going to be keeping an eye on L4Dmaps.com for new campaigns in .VPK format, but others should do the same and post a reply if any campaigns catch your eye.

Here is the VPK for the completed Death Aboard Campaign. Seemed pretty cool starts in a prison you make your way to a beached freighter where the entire map is played at an angle. The finale is pretty nice also and you escape with a hot air balloon

Here is the VPK for the completed Death Aboard Campaign.
Just downloaded Death Aboard now and am getting ready to extract and install it.

I'll try to remember to set it to upload to the ToJ L4D server before I head to bed tonight.

Just downloaded Death Aboard now and am getting ready to extract and install it.

I'll try to remember to set it to upload to the ToJ L4D server before I head to bed tonight.
Death Aboard has been uploaded to the ToJ L4D server.

I'll likely wait until tomorrow to test it since the TF2 STA team has a match tonight. If someone else gets around to testing it first, please post the results in this thread.

/bump

Anyone interested in playing through Death Aboard tonight?

I'm uploading Death Aboard 6.1 to the Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead server now. According to FileZilla, it'll take approximately another 55 minutes to finish.

So if anyone wants to try out a custom campaign after 9:15 p.m. Central tonight, go ahead and download Death Aboard 6.1 and install it before then.

Are you sure this is the new one? When I go to this site it not even download it yet. Death Aboard I couldn't see version 6.1 on site link you posted.

Thanks for any help on this. I like the map allot, just like it to be finished and less bugs.

Are you sure this is the new one? When I go to this site it not even download it yet. Death Aboard I couldn't see version 6.1 on site link you posted.
The map hasn't been updated on l4dmaps.com, but it has been updated on l4dmods.com. Use this link to download the campaign.

By the way, a few of us played through the campaign up to near the end of level 4 last night. It was a lot of fun and a well-design campaign.

I have small problem maybe someone can help. I downloaded 6.0 couple weeks ago and downloaded 6.1 today and double click on VPK file and i get box pop up says .. dthbrd61.vpk' is not a valid Source engine add-on. Installation failed.

Im running windows xp . Can anyone help me get this installed . Do I have to remove 6.0 first?

I have small problem maybe someone can help. I downloaded 6.0 couple weeks ago and downloaded 6.1 today and double click on VPK file and i get box pop up says .. dthbrd61.vpk' is not a valid Source engine add-on. Installation failed.

Im running windows xp . Can anyone help me get this installed . Do I have to remove 6.0 first?
Try deleting version 6.0 first, but I'm not sure if that will help. I didn't run into any errors installing version 6.1 and I don't know of anyone else who did, either, so I'm at a loss on this one. :(

I need to delete 6.0 but not sure how i went to add and remove programs and i dont even see it listed in the List

Anyone know how get rid of addons?

I need to delete 6.0 but not sure how i went to add and remove programs and i dont even see it listed in the List

Anyone know how get rid of addons?

The path for 64bit and 32bit respectively:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons

All the "installer" does is copy the package there.

This did work thanks for info. Both me and my wife pcs, I had to do that for. It works correctly now and thanks for everyone help.

Back