CounterStrike: Global Offensive

Captain_Tea

I just bought CounterStrike: Global Offensive on steam for $7.50 which was 50% off. Does anyone else have this game? What are your impressions of it?

Last edited:
Have it. Like it a lot... for a shooter. It's my favorite competitive shooter, honestly. I'm just not one to play competitive shooters often. I like it, though. It feels right. It's no-nonsense, too, and that's a definite bonus.

If ToJ/CGA folks wanted to have a game night sometime, and I'd get in on it. :D

A friend bought it for me and told me to get with the times. I play it occasionally. I don't know if it is just me, but there seems to be a large number of servers that have 1-2 people playing and the rest filled out with bots.

I'm planning on buying it when it goes on sale for $5 or trading another game for it. As miserly as it sounds, $7.50 is a bit steep for a game that I wouldn't play by myself and that's not very popular among ToJ members.

I downloaded it and tried it out... Its not what I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be more like Call of Duty multiplayer. I'm not very fond of it so far. Will experiment with other gametypes later to see if I like any of those.

I downloaded it and tried it out... Its not what I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be more like Call of Duty multiplayer. I'm not very fond of it so far. Will experiment with other gametypes later to see if I like any of those.
I think you've just nailed the reason I like it. haha I don't much like Call of Duty multiplayer, and it seems like most "realistic" shooters I've played (and many non-realistic ones) tend to try and take after CoD. Much more a CS kinda guy, myself. I like the pacing a lot more. I prefer rounds to respawns, as well. And the "earn money to upgrade gear for the match" rather than "grind out levels for unlocks and boosts" is also favorable to me.

Obviously, those are matters of preference, and if you like the CoD approach, CS probably isn't gonna be your favorite game any time soon. Too bad, though; I'd love to hit up CS:GO with more ToJ/CGA folks.

Tried playing CS:S a couple times. Even on Christian servers, most of the people I met were not people I wanted to spend a lot of time around. Therefore, no CS:GO.

If you go into any counter-strike, expecting to have a CoD-like multiplayer, you are going to have a real bad time.

Just saying. I don't much play CSGO. I like it, but I'm just too preoccupied with other games.

Thread revivification!

Been playing some CS:GO again lately, and I rather enjoy it still. My brother and I both snagged Operation Payback while on sale for $1 for added community fun.

Who's playing GO these days? Anyone?

CS:GO is on sale for $3.74 right now and I'm considering finally picking it up, if only to play with other ToJ folks.

What say you all?

CS:GO is on sale for $3.74 right now and I'm considering finally picking it up, if only to play with other ToJ folks.

What say you all?
Not my first choice when I sit down at the computer. Not my second or even third. Occasionally, I am in the mood, but it seems to be very rare.

I never liked counterstrike because of the respawns. I've always felt death in multiplayer should punish you to have value, but not to the extent of waiting out the whole game. /shrugs I can see other people liking it but it's not for me.

Last edited:
Do you own it already or are you considering buying it?

Because I'd be willing to drop $4 to play it with you, Cap'n! I'm just a social kind of dude. :)

I already owned it, but I reinstalled it and remembered that i still don't like the gameplay :p. nevermind.

I already owned it, but I reinstalled it and remembered that i still don't like the gameplay :p. nevermind.
*chuckle* Fair enough. Looks like I'll skip it again. And probably for good. If I don't buy it at $4, I probably won't ever buy it. And that's fine. I don't need any more games I'll barely (if ever) play.

Game's on sale for $3.74 again now, and now that I'm done with homework for the semester, I'm all kinds of hooked right now. So much fun. I still love CS above all other competitive shooters. It just feels right.

Game's on sale for $3.74 again now, and now that I'm done with homework for the semester, I'm all kinds of hooked right now. So much fun. I still love CS above all other competitive shooters. It just feels right.
I ended up trading a copy of NS2 for CS: GO (which ended up being a poor trade for the other party; I had forgotten that NS2 was still available as part of the Humble Bundle at the time) and I installed it on my desktop computer, so I'll try to join a game next time I see you playing, Kendrik.

You'll see me playing pretty much any time you're online. I'm usually playing Operation Bravo games on Casual, but can switch it up if you don't have that pack (was on sale for a buck, but I think it's $3 right now). Anyway, love the game. Love it a lot. No shenanigans. No constantly changing meta. No Halo/CoD kids. :p Love the game. Fast paced rounds. Fun alternative game types (arms race is awesome). So much fun all around (and consistently so at that).

I've just realized that this game is worth a bit more than I thought. I've made over $2 selling 2 different weapons cases in the last week (which is a lot for me). From my understanding - drops are limited to 4 per week but if I get 1-2 cases per week that is still a decent haul.

Back