Confronting roenry

Malohaut

Chivah sat quietly under a tree behind the west downs area. From his hilltop vantage point, he could look out into the plains and wonder. No longer did fear and confusion consume him, for a night of prayers and good sleep calmed him down and reminded him of God's loving care to all His children.

"Feeling better?" came a voice from the shadows. Normally, Chivah would have jumped up in defense to hidden strangers, for he has had his fair share of ambushes. But the voice was quickly recognized as that of his friend.

"Hello Roenry." he replied without even looking. "How fare ye?"

"Better. My wounds are healing but I still haven't found out anything further about your sister." Roenry wanted to throw that last part in because he knew he would be questioned about that.

"Friend. I'd like for you to sit down. I need to discuss something with you?" Chivah's voice was serious and troubled as if something seemed to be wrong.

"We have nothing to talk about." came the reply as he stepped out of his hiding place.

"Do you know of the holy scriptures?" Chivah looked up and over at his friend, offering a warm smile for comfort.

"You mean the collection of books and letters concerning God?"

"Yes. That's the one." Chivah pulls out a scroll. "This is a document written by the apostle Matthew. I'd like you to read a section of it."

Roenry looked reluctant, but decided to agree. After all, Chivah was his friend, and there seemed to be nothing wrong with reading the scriptures. He took the parchment into his hand and began to read the section his friend pointed to.

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector."

After reading this, Roenry shrugged and returned the scroll to his friend. "Interesting. I haven't sinned against you have I?"

Chivah stood up. "Against me, perhaps not. But there is something you are hiding even from the guards. I've noticed that everytime we travel into town or a small camp, you always seem to elude the eyes of the guards. I've seen that and I'm concerned."

"I'm sorry friend, but its not your concern."

"Is it not? Am I not my brother's keeper? Yes it is my concern because I care about you. There is nothing you have done that you should hide from the guards or even your friends. God knows about it and loves you just the same." Roenry looked away, wondering how he was going to get out of this. "LOOK at me!" yelled Chivah, much to the surprise of his friend. "I robbed from people. I took advantage of innocent women. I killed people coldly! The Lord Jesus came into this world of sinners, of whom I am the worst. But I turned my life to Christ. And I turned my life to God. And I turned myself into the authorities. I have unhidden my deep self and have paid for my crimes. And now, I have a great release, a great relief from my shoulders, for I walk now in the truth and in the light, so that all may see and examine me."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"Because, you're hiding something, and its weighing you down. You want to tell, but you can't because you're afraid for some reason. I approach you in the manner that Matthew has suggested, in private. My friend, tell me what it is you are hiding, and I can help you. If you don't become honest, it will eat you alive! I know! I've been there."

Roenry was silent as he looked away again. Should he tell? Should he run? Should he make up an excuse? His mind race quickly for an answer.

Excellent writing!! It makes me want to renew my account and begin my adventures anew in the lands of Camelot.

Icthus
God is God and I am not

You should!
biggrin.gif
You have no clue what you're missing! hehe

I think I got bored trying to level. Even Power Leveling got boring. All I was trying to do was get to RvR. When I did I found no strategy was needed. It really turned me off, i guess.

But, the thought of a thriving Christian group is very appealing.

Back