Cloverfield

|CoR|Braveheart

I stood inline in 40 degree weather for 3 hours getting "F" out by losers, paid extra for tickets for this:
they did not explain where the Monster came from, they did not tell you why it was there, they did not show or even hint that it died, 2 of the stars die and one of them explode for an un-told reason, they never once pick up a weapon and KEEP it, vulgar discussions, many of people just disappear without you ever seeing if they died or not, the two main stars die without accomplishing anything, the list does on, the only good thing was that the Monster looked cool.

Last edited:
SPOLIERS!

SPOILERS AHEAD:
I stood inline in 40 degree weather for 3 hours getting F*** out by losers, paid extra for tickets for this:
they did not explain where the Monster came from, they did not tell you why it was there, they did not show or even hint that it died, 2 of the stars die and one of them explode for an un-told reason, they never once pick up a weapon and KEEP it, vulgar discussions, many of people just disappear without you ever seeing if they died or not, the two main stars die without accomplishing anything, the list does on, the only good thing was that the Monster looked cool.

Moderator's note: Spoiler tag added to quoted text.

Should have stayed until after the credits, if you wanted to know about the monster.

So what, is it really that important to know where the monster came from? Besides in one of the scenes there is a clip of Rob and Beth enjoying their Coney Island date a month before. The lovers turn the camera towards the fairgrounds and the pier, and an object can be seen crashing into the sea on the right-hand horizon.
Moderator's note: Spoiler tag added.

Besides, your seeing the movie from the point of view of people trying to get away from it...they're "home videos" your watching...

And I swear stop complaining about the language. How old are you? Oh No! I hear a bad word...mommy daddy I have to boil my ears.

Besides, if you don't like the language, than don't use it.

I stood inline in 40 degree weather for 3 hours getting F*** out by losers

Last edited by a moderator:
I stood inline in 40 degree weather for 3 hours getting F*** out by losers, paid extra for tickets for this:

Moderator's note: Spoiler tag added to quoted text.

Need to notify people of spoilers dude. I'm probably not seeing it in the theater, or renting it ever, but I haven't run it by my wife yet, so I could have done without knowing anything major in the story. Need a spoiler notice bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had wondered if it was gunna be any good. By the sounds of it...I'll wait till it comes to DVD.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Language and other matters don't bother me... I mean really, if a giant monster attacked NYC in real life, you're gonna hear PLENTY of vulgarity from people trying to get away. I think they were trying to go for realism, not a blockbuster War of the Worlds-esque film with a happy ending.

There is nothing at the end...we stayed there until the lights came on and the screen was white...
Of course you did... :rolleyes:

The garbled static at the end after the credits says... http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Language and other matters don't bother me... I mean really, if a giant monster attacked NYC in real life, you're gonna hear PLENTY of vulgarity from people trying to get away. I think they were trying to go for realism, not a blockbuster War of the Worlds-esque film with a happy ending.

Amen!

+1 for this movie

+1 for the previous post...but don't stay through the credits to hear it...just come back and visit afterwards :)

Lol, you miss understood me, i meant i was being F*** out by losers while i waited inline, i was saving room in the line for my friends and these jerks wanted it, i said no and they F*** me out.

[toj.cc]phantom;269336 said:
Of course you did... :rolleyes:

The garbled static at the end after the credits says... http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

Amen!
That website is down.

This looked like it would be good by the previews on TV. But it sounds like it will be either a wait to see it with my free VoD when it comes to it. Assuming there isn't something better to use my monthy free VoD on, like Trains Planes and Automobiles. :)

truth be told, I was utterly unimpressed with this film. It was short, formulaic and somewhat boring.

I kept hearing both good and bad reviews for this movie... I took the safe way out and decided not to pay a dime... I'll wait 'til it releases on DVD.

Here is my Chime in. The movie is film in the Blair witch shaky style. If you didn't like that, You probally won't like this. I thought the premise was very cool, i would strongly recommend this movie. I thought he acting was poor, the monster awesome, and the special effects up to par. It's a wild ride.

I enjoyed this movie thoroughly. I like this genre of movie (first person handhend video camera aka Blair Witch). The profanity was 'mild' compared to many films out there - however as always I prepare myself for it before hand (eye-gate / ear-gate).

There is a theme of reconciliation and redemption that is the undercurrent throughout - almost-boyfriend needs to save hurt and lost almost-girlfriend.

The DVD gives great insight into the motivation of the creature (not that monsters need motivation).

there are some 9-11 type effects that may be bothersome to some viewers, so be prepared for that.

It's not a particularly edifying movie from a Christian standpoint - so if you see it - do it for the entertainment value.

That's my $0.02 worth

In Christ

Back