CHRONO TRIGGER on Wii VC :)

Logos

FINALLY they release one that is worth getting if you do not have the GBA version or any of the other versions. :) I am definitely getting this one after I buy my Wii Card tomorrow at work..for around $15.00 for the $20 dollar card. :) It pays to get a discount sometimes.

Terrific game, but $8 for a SNES game, even for one as awesome as Chrono Trigger, in 2011 and in this economy seems a bit silly. Nearly everyone who's wanted to play CT has already played it--whether on the SNES, the PS1, the DS, or an emulator.

Still, for those who haven't played it yet and don't own a DS, it beats trying to find a SNES copy on eBay or tolerating the abysmal load times of the PlayStation version.

EDIT: But yes, Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time.

Personally, though I'm a cheap...dude... I have no problem with $8 for my all-time favorite game.

PS Those needing Wii points.. might wanna check with Tek. He may still have points to sell as per an older thread.

Aaaaaand... welcome back, Logos. Good to see you again. :D

Thanks Kenny! :) Yeah, I don't have any of the other versions anymore and it has been YEARS, well since its first release that I played. So it is like Secret of Mana to me, one of the few games I ever actually completed...aside from the Zelda games. :)

Hey Kenny love your wordpress blog...I filed it under my android feeds. :) I don't have a lot of time to read extra articles aside from what I am working on at Church or for sermons, articles, or book(s), [YES I am working on a book or two], but I love your writing style and it is nice to get a few gaming articles in there to keep me going. :)

Last edited:
Hey Kenny love your wordpress blog...I filed it under my android feeds. :) I don't have a lot of time to read extra articles aside from what I am working on at Church or for sermons, articles, or book(s), [YES I am working on a book or two], but I love your writing style and it is nice to get a few gaming articles in there to keep me going. :)
Oh? Thanks, mate. Good to hear! :D I'm thinking that since I'm working on comics writing these days (and have taken quite a fondness for Magic: The Gathering), I'm going to expand my Wordpress to being general nerdiness... not just games. Haven't made an official decision, but it's sounding like a good idea.

But I digress. Thanks for reading my blog and the kind words concerning it! :D

Well, Tek, you sure know how to ruin someones excitement... :)
Sorry. :(

The game is, without question, one of the greatest games ever made and if you don't already own it and haven't already played through it as many times as I have, then yes, buying it for $8 on WiiWare is a great deal.

But keep in mind that the DS version is portable (major plus) and has extra content (which was pretty meh IMO) and currently costs $17 on Amazon. Then again, some people prefer to play RPGs on a big screen, which I can understand.

Sorry. :(

The game is, without question, one of the greatest games ever made and if you don't already own it and haven't already played through it as many times as I have, then yes, buying it for $8 on WiiWare is a great deal.

But keep in mind that the DS version is portable (major plus) and has extra content (which was pretty meh IMO) and currently costs $17 on Amazon. Then again, some people prefer to play RPGs on a big screen, which I can understand.

Well unfortunately, we only have the Wii right now...I may (BIG MAYBE) getting a 3DS in July for my b-day if we can save up enough money. Apart from that we stick with the Wii games, because my daughter is getting very familiar with the Wii controls and enjoys the games on there. Especially the Lego games and others.

Aside from that yeah I only played it once through the first release way back in the day. So for me it will be a big enjoyment...that is also why I am looking forward to them releasing the other Final fantasy games up to VI on the VC. I haven't played many of those in a LONG TIME. :)

Thanks Tek for your thoughts, its good to get a bit of different perspective. :)

Also I am still waiting for popcap to bring Plants vs Zombies and some of the others to WiiWare too...been hearing about it coming for a long time...although I may end up just getting the PC version from Steam. But I just play mainly Wii games these when and if I play.

Okay so I finally took the plunge and downloaded CT tonight, and played for about an hour, and man I forgot how well laid out this game is, and the story is very good considering when it was made. I really didn't realize but I have forgotten a lot about this game. :)

Back