Chivah's adventures continued

It was a fierce battle, lasting almost the entire day, as the three warriors fought for their very lives against the bandits.  One charged Tylwith, one charged Roenry, and two went after Chivah.  Tylwith's attacker was the first to be addressed and was soon felled.  The three turned their attention on Roenry's attacker next.  Chivah continued to endure the beating he was receiving while trying to protect his friends.

Chivah was at near death by the time 3 of the 4 bandits had been felled, and he could have been finished off, but panic overcame the last of the four, and though he fought hard, it wasn't long before he too was dead.

At last, the battle was over and the packs of the 4 bandits were gathered up. Chivah was wheezing in pain while Tylwith was carefully bandaging a near fatal gash. Roenry had fought well, and survived with only a few scratches. He was better skilled than he was willing to let on, and there was something about him that seemed . . . different. But that wasn't important now. What was important was to search the packs for the next clue, hopefully the final destination of his beloved sister. Only time would tell.

Unfortunantly the packs didn't reveal anything of value. The men decided it was time to head back to camp to rest and heal from their battles of the day. Chivah, sore from his wounds thanked both of his friends for standing at his side but asked if they wouldn't mind starting out a little ahead of him as he needed some time alone.

Understanding Chivah's pain Tylwith and Roenry both nodded in agreement and began to head out. Not towards camp as they had agreed to do, but off into the shadows an ears distance from Chivah.

When his friends appeared gone, Chivah sighed heavily in exasperation, dropped to his knees, and in tears began to pray. "Oh Lord, I have no strength left. I have come to the end of what I am able to do myself. Tell me Lord, where do I go now? How do I save my sister, how will I know where she is? I cry unto you Lord for now you are my only hope. Please guide me now as only you can and I pray you keep my sister safe in your hands as only you can. I thank you for those who have risked their lives to be by my side and pray now for your blessing upon them. In Jesus name...

Just as Chivah was about to close he heard the distant sounds of voices. Quickly he scrambled for cover to see who was approaching. It was a slave master. Known for their brutal treatment of the poor souls who had been sold into slavery usually by the likes of these brigands.

Approaching the slave master Chivah saw 2 figures...it was Hairn and one of his lieutenants. The Slaver handed Hairn a small pouch of coins. Chivah knew in his heart what the pouch was for. But knew he could not fight 3 people in his state alone.

He watched as the slaver mounted his horse and left. Surprisingly the lieutenant also left as if headed off on an errand. Here was Chivah's chance. He had Hairn alone all to himself. He looked toward the sky and whispered
"Thank You Lord!" Sheathing his sword he approached Hairn.

Hairn, seeing Chivah approach began to laugh and mock. "You are a day late and a few gold short my friend, Your sister is gone never to be seen again!"

"What have you done with her!" yelled Chivah.

Waving the pouch menacingly in the air Hairn replied "Why I have made a profit off her, just as any rogue worth his salt would do! But alas my friend I'm afraid you won't be worth as much when I'm done with you!" and with that Hairn pulled his dagger and began to lunge toward Chivah.

Chivah dodged the blow and amazingly suddenly felt rejuvinated. A soft confirmation assured him that it was time as Liberator 2 began to glow with a soft light! A peace overwhelmed Chivah as smoothly and valiently he dodge every blow.

The battle was fierce but it was as if the Lord had his hand on Chivah keeping him shielded from any additional wounds. Hairn was tiring quickly. And his blows began to become more erradic. Suddenly as Hairn lashed out with his dagger he tripped on a rut in the ground and like a giant landed with a thud at Chivah's feet.

Chivah was astonished at the turn of events. Hairn was not scrambling to his feet as Chivah suspected. Cautiously Chivah approached Hairn and realized what had happened...Hairn had somehow fallen upon his own dagger. The rogue was still breathing but the wound was deep. In shock Hairn looked up at Chivah, blood running from his wound. Chivah dropped to his knees next to the rogue. "Please" Chivah pleaded, "Tell me where I can find my sister." Coughing Hairn looked up at him and said "I promise to tell you where she is..if you'll tell me about your God!" Chivah was shocked at Hairns request but quickly agreed. "She is at the slaver camp near the river bank..they are preparing to set sail for Gwyddneau where they will be sold to the mids by the slavers. I have proof in my pocket." Chivah anxious to save his sister knew he must first do something far more important. Her shared the message of salvation with Hairn and recited scriptures demonstrating examples of God's love even for a murderer and theif. In Hairn's final moments he was able to lead Hairn through a prayer accepting Christ as his saviour.

Chivah reached into the pocket of the rogue and pulled out a photo. It was a photo of his sister having been delivered among others to the slavers camp. He quickly shoved the photo into the pocket of his cloak and ran swiftly to join his friends at the camp.

Roenry, tired, but unscathed, fell to the shadows, follwed by Tylwith. He breathed a sigh of relief as he replaced his feathered cap. It had fallen during battle, revealing his head gear, but his companions failed to notice.

He was unsure where exactly the slavers would take their prey, but knew how much a slave would fetch on the current market. He figured the slavers had something to do with that young pally, Chivah's, sister. Why else would he want him to meet him there, at the slavers encampment?

He always had connections to any of the most known people, whether famous, or infamous. He wondered to himself if his new found friends would still love him if they knew him for what he really was.

If that bloke was to find his sister, Roenry knew he would have to pull a few strings to gather information on her.

Still, he was reluctant to contact anyone from his past... That would mean revealing himself to his father as living... Surely his father would find out, he had spies everywhere.

'I have to do this, if I'm to make amense...' he thought to himself. 'A girl's life depends on it. On me.'

Looking to make sure Tylwith wasn't looking, Roenry stepped around to the bank or the river, and snuck up to the tree.

One of the slaves saw him, and, recognizing him, immediately buried her dirty face in the ground, followed by the others.

He walked up behind one of the Slave Master's body guards and pressed an arrow into his side.

"Where's Falrod?!?" Roenry demanded in a hushed voice, yet it seemed to fill the air with a great presence. "I don't know what you're talking aobut.." stammered the Body Guard. Roenry pressed the arrows deeper into his side, almost piercing the chain armor protecting the man's kidneys.

Wincing, the man pleaded with him, "Please, m'lord, I'm not allowed to... AAAHH!", Roenry pressed harder. "OK! I'm sorry... I don't know where he is... but his first mate, Jorn is here... right over ther... UGH!" Roenry had taken his shield and hit the guard over the head.

Falling back into the shadows, Roenry made his way around a cart and horses, stopping to undo chains on several of the slaves, as well as the horses, and fitted an arrow.

Letting one fly, he caught on of two guards near Falrod in the throat. Turning in alarm, the other guard charged the shadows, and Jorn drew his weapon and searched the darkness.

As the guard stepped nearer, he heard a THWAP, and felt a piercing blow in his shoulder, then THWAP, another blow in his stomach... gurgling a protest, he fell, and lay looking up at the shadow that had ended him, and cursed him, calling on his false midguardian god to save him...

Roenry felt a tear come to his eye... This is why he had run away... This is why he left the life he had known before... Why did these men live in sin, with their false gods? Sacrificing human lives to sauvage beasts in the name of evil?

Forcing himself on, he looked up at Jorn, now turned away, calling for his fallen guard...

"Guard!? Guard!?!..." He called as he spun around, swinging his sword blindly.

"He can't answer you", replied the shadows, "he's too bust answering to God."

"Who-Who's there?", cried Jorn, feelign a wet spot appear on his pants, "I-i-I'm armed!"

Suddenly an arrow flew from the other side of the camp, pinging off the sword, throwing it fro Jorn's hand, and he grabbed his wrist in howled in pain.

Out stepped Tylwith from the shadow and said:"show yourself ranger!"

Roenry steppd out into the light of the nearby fire, and walked over to Jorn. "Leave us, Roenry! I have a few owrds to speak with Jorn 'ere!"

"I can't just leave you here with..."
"GO!" Roenry interupted.

"I wont harm him... if he cooperates..." Roenry reassured Tylwith.

Reluctantly, Tylwith turned and walked away. Knowing the nature of scouts, Roenry whispered into Jorn's ear so that Tylwith couldn't hear: "Listen up you piece of refuse! You know who I am and what I can do to you! I need some answers and I need them now! Where's the next sipment of slaves for midguard leaving?!?"

Jorn looked up into his assailants eyes, and cried out as if in pain: "PLEASE! I dun know nuthin'! Falrod jus' tells me to ruff up th' slaves an' break their spirits! I dun'..."

"Enough lies!" Roenry demanded as he threw the pathetic being upon the ground.

"Its true! I dun know a thin'! Falrod, he's the one ya want!"

"Where is he?", Roenry demanded. "Tell me where he is, and I wont turn you over to my father."

"He's in th' plains right now! There's another camp there! It's suppsed t'be secret!", he cried, nearly estatic to hear those words, "he says t'me: 'I'll send word from th'plains when this shipment is sent off. I'm really fetching a nice price fer this one!' he says!"

"You truely are pathetic, Jorn, just as your reputation says. May God have mercy on your soul, and lead you unto the light."

At this, Jorn hissed, turned and ran. Tylwith, seeing the criminal flee, drew an arrow and almost let it fly, but was stopped by Roenry.

"Dont! I promised him I'd let him live, and live he shall... however pathetic a life may be. Keep him in your prayers. God has plans for him, if only he'd accept Him."

"Did you hear any of what was said, Tylwith?", asked Roenry, as the scout approached the campfire.

"Not everything. Why?" Tylwith asked suspiciously.

"I'm not ready for all things to be made known, is all, my friend... Right now, there's a man and woman who need us. Let us fly with God's speed!"

The two companions put out the fire and freed the rest of the slaves. After all was safe, they turned and hurried to find Chivah, to tell him of this new camp. With any luck, he'd find the answers he was looking for there. Luck, or maybe blessings from God.

OOC Sory, I made a typo/mistell. Falrod in the 13th paragraph, where Roenry shoots a guard in the throat, is supposed to be Jorn
smile.gif

A few nights had passed since Roenry had last seen Tylwith. The two had decided to head seperate ways in hopes of finding Chivah sooner. Tylwith, knowing the newly deiscovered areas better headed off to the Isle of Glass, While Roenry, the Ranger, was more than familiar with everything in the main realm of Albion.

Chivah was running down the road towards West Downs, crossing the bridge when Roenry caught him. "Chivah!", he called.

Chivah, turning quickly, saw his companion and ran to greet him, hope leaping in his heart. "Have ye got good news, friend?" he asked.

"News yes... Good... that's yet to be seen." replied Roenry. "Do ye have any help we can enlist? We have to search for a secret new slavers camp, somewhere in the plains."

"Sure, I have been traveling with Odale, the friar, as of late, and Cadamyr, the powerful cabalst has been helpin, too." Chivah answered.

Together, with the help of their guildmates, the men made their way into the plains, with little conversation. All were intent with the task at hand.

They wandered through the plains, allowing God to lead them to and fro, defeating enemy after enemy, and soon the men became weary.

"I'm tired, friends," Odale said as Cadamyr yawned and fell to his butt, his pet just looking at him dumbly. "I suggest we camp here for the night, we havent slept in days."

Cadamyr, obviosly in agreement, laid down and fell asleep, unwittingly releasing his pet, and ending the life God had given the stones that made up the body.

Roenry sat and made a small fire, and, while no one was looking, Chivah slipped away from the area. He knew he couldn't stop till he found his sister. She was out there, and this Falrod would pay for his sins.

Running alone through the darkness, killing any enemy that would dare to stop him, he ran on till morning. Finally, he knew he had to stop and rest. Prayer and meditation would revive his spirits, he knew.

He sat down to pray, and as he closed his eyes, he felt a cold blast of wind slam against his body. Looking up, he saw in the distance a wind mephit casting another powerful spell, directed at him. He grabbed his sword and ran at full sprint towards it, hoping to catch it before it could finish it's spell.

Suddenly, as he reached his target, a female scout of the slavers yelled out "Die tresspasser!", and attacked him from behind.

The attack was too much. There was no way he could hold off both assailants. He beggan chanting prayers aloud to God, and as if in an answer, an arrow critically pierced the scouts chest, blowing through her body and into the mephit.

Out jumped Roenry, rapier in hand, shield in front of him, and he took position next to Chivah. More Slavers had run to the aid of their fallen comrade, and a nearby mephit had seen it's mate fall.

The onslaught was feirce, and the two men didn't know how long they could hold out. Chivah continued his prayers, as one by one, each of the assailants fell before them. Back to back, the men would block a blow for the other. Chivah was obviously better skilled with a sword than Roenry, but together they coudln't be stopped.

After a brutal battle, there were many bags to rumage through for loot... and a lot of scratches and wounds to mend.

"Well fought," Roenry said to the paladin, as the two sat down to tend their wounds, "but not well enough...". He winced as he pulled an arrow out of his shoulder.

Chivah just stared in the distance, towards a large willow tree that reached down and hid it's own trunk, and a large area around it.

"God lead us here, in this direction for a reaon, Roenry." Chivah said. "That tree... I believe that it is the camp. God tells me it's the camp."

Roenry looked towards the tree, and, wrapping his wounds, he said, "You may be right, but look at us. We could barely hold off a small force of Falrods men. you want us to take a whole camp, full of maybe hundreds, alone!"

"With God, Roenry, we can take down a giant with a single stone! We will be triumphant in the glory of God! if God is with us who can be against us!"

"Okay," Roenry replied, "but let me scout it first... we can't just charge in... wait here." With that, Roenry slipped into the shadows cast by the midday sun, and carefully made his way to the tree.

Before he even got close, he could tell it was a camp, but it seemed abandoned for the most part. Just to the South was a large group of warriors, who, obviosly had been assailing the camp for hours.

Creeping in closer, Roenry searched for Falrod, knowing he'd be surrounded by the largest of his men. No one was there... a few slavers prepared their weapons and shouted orders to the body guards, but the force was smaller than the group that attacked Chivah earlier. "They must have run," thought Roenry. "There's no other explanation."

Suddenly, he heard commotion from the other side of the camp. Looking to the West, he saw Chivah charging the camp, alone, but full of fury.

Not thinking twice, Roenry jumped into action, fitted an arrow, and aimed a critical shot on the Slaver master. A body guard jumped Roenry from behind, joined by two slavers, but those were soon destroyed by the large group that had been assailing the camp before.

Bowing to the others for their help, Roenry turned and ran towards Chivah, who was laying waste to slaver after slaver, demanding in God's name that they releae his sister.

Gathering together, the slavers managed to push him back away from the camp, then fell back into a defenseive position that Chivah couldn't press through.

Grabbing onto his shoulder, Roenry phyically dragged Chivah from the battle, nearly taking a blow to the head, knocking off his feathered cap.

"She's not here, Chivah, she's not here!" he repeated to the paladin, as he pulled to break Roenry's grip.

Screaming and falling to his knees, chivah finally gave up. "What now, Lord!?! Where am I to go now!?! Please God!..." he cried aloud then in a tired whisper, "I'm so tired... my head is spinning... please God... please...."

In all the time Roenry had spent with Chivah he had never seen him falter. He'd never once seen him cry out for God in pain, or in tears, as he was now.

"Wait here, my friend, and keep faith." Roenry whispered to Chivah. "I'll return shortly..."

It was now getting dark, and it was easier for Roenry to hide. Making his way around the camp, he slipped through a gap in the now strengthening defenses of the slavers.

Looing around he saw what he was looking for... the remaining slaves. There werent moe than 100 gold worth here. "This can't be the shipment Jorn spoke of... ", Roenry thought.

Suddenly, Roenbry felt somthing wrap around his ankle...

Outside, Chivah was praying. He had been waiting for Roenry for hours. He thought at one point he heard the sounds of sword play from far inside the encampment, but it was too faint to tell... things had calmed down with the valient raiders, as many of them had left, content with themselves at having slain many of the slavers that plauged Albion.

Suddenly, fire broke out across the whole of the tree that marked the camp. Jumping to his feet, Chivah drew liberator 2 and prepared for battle.

Slavers were runnign away in all directions, not in an attack pattern of any sort, but in panic, and fear.
Suprised, and somewhat amused, Chivah watched as slaver after slaver ran from the flames, chased off by skinny, stone and stick wielding slaves.

His thoughts turned towards his friend. "Roenry! Roenry!" he yelled, trying to find his cmpanion. Without fear, he rushed towards the fire and chaos, chanting a prayer of healing, preparing himself for the burning of the flames.

CRACK! A tree branch fell, almost imediately infront of him, and a young boy, crying and huddled into a small hole under a pile of barrles, was trapped in a cirlce of flames.

He jumped through the fire and grabbed the child and carried him away from the fire to safety.

Turning to run back, a large explosion threw the remaining slaves and slavers from the area. The blast threw Chivah into the muddy bank, and knocked him unconcious.

Coming to, Nothing was let of the camp but a large smoldering stump where a tree once stood. HE frantically looked around, but couldn't find any sign of another person...

SPLASH! drawing liberator 2 again, Chivah turned to look towards the water.

"oof... I'm getting sloppy..." a voice said from the darkness, "three hours ago, I wouldn't have made a sound!"

"Roenry!" Chivah cried out! "You're alive, God bless ya!"

"alive? I guess you could say that!" laughed Roenry. "Though, I'd prefer if I still had a shirt... and my hat..."

"God will provide you with both, friend." Chivah answered. "But, what of my sister? what did you see?"

"A slave who recognized me grabbed my leg and pulled me to him, just as a slaver and his guards were making their rounds to check on them", Roenry explained. "He told me that Falrod had been betrayed. Another band of slavers waylayed the shipment that was to be sent off tonight. Falrod was injured in the attack, but survived."

"I don't understand", said Chivah, "aren't all the slavers united?" Then it hit him. "Chad. In prison. And his brothers death. It's all caused confusion in the ranks of the brigands! Slavers must be choosing factions and warring with each other, as well!"

"Aye... that seems to be part of it." Roenry replied. "But I can't help but think that the slavers aren't against each other because of me. I revealed myself to Jorn. He must have spread the word that I'm alive. It'll cause scare among many of the forces against Albion. They must also know that I desire to find your sister. I pray that no harm comes to her because of me!" He fell to his knees and cried out "Dear God! PLEASE! please don't let anything happen to her because of my part..."

Chivah, confused, but annointed with a new hope, stood and placed his hand on Roenry's shoulder. "Roenry, nothing will happen to her. She's in God's hands. Worry not. We'll find her."

Roenry stood and looked at Chivah, who was now looking at his forhead, and the headgear he wore.

Quickly turning away, Roenry said "Well, at least we can be sure of one thing. If A new faction of slavers has taken your sister, than she will be in Albion for much longer than if she hadn't been stolen from Falrod."

He continued, "It takes weeks, even months for the right connections to be made for smuggling that sort of 'merchandise' into the other realms. This will be more helpful than not, in the longrun, I think. I hope. I pray."

With that, Roenry picked up some cloth that was laying on the ground and wrapped it around himself and started walking off, his head bowed so no one could see his face, and disappeared into the darkness.

For anyone interested in the fire and such at the camp, here's the low down.

The slaves, recognizing a chance for freedom, waited for the slavers to turn on themselves, as all armies in faction wars tend to do, and waited for them to break out into violence. After the army had split into two MORE groups, other than the factions between Falrod and the unknown newcomers, they gathered and assailed them while they were split up and weakest. The slavers set the fire hoping to scare the slaves, only to chase themselves out of their own camp. The fire got onto some kegs of potion, the very kegs that Chivah saved the child from under, and they exploded.

This was only a small fraction of Falrods reamining force however. He still holds the most power over all slavers.

Note: I realize that my writing in the last three posts has been kinda skimpy in detail. and jumpy in situation to situation. I aplogize. It's jsut that I'm really sleepy, and I wanted to get that last part of the tale in before I forgot it.
smile.gif
I hope you are enjoying this story, and dont forget to feel free to put your part into it!

Sarcalogos rests on the rocky shore of Gothwaite Harbor.  He lets his worn cloak fly back in order to bask in the warm glow of the sunrise rising above Caer Gothwaite.  The lapping sounds of the water puts him at ease as he meditates on God's beauty.  His mind pondering the information gathered in a quest but a couple days before.  He had only been a cleric for a short while, but he was always meant to do the work of God.  Even his name means Christ in the Latin language.  Gyllis gave him direction and helped him to his destiny with his namesake.

Suddenly, he feels the urge to pray.  He bows his head.

"Yes, Lord, I am here." he silently prays.  He listens for a moment, knowing God is calling him.  He hears a small voice speak to him.  A message that he doesn't totally understand, but knows he should write down.  He rummages through his pouch and finds a small, torn piece of parchment.  Digging around some more he finds some ink and a pen.  He scratches something onto the parchment and stuffs the items back into his pouch.

He looks up at the sun that has now risen well above the castle.  Dusting off the new armor given to him by his friend and sister in Christ, Serasia, he stands up and takes a short walk to the village.  As he approaches, he looks over at the crafters working to his left.

"What am I looking for?" Sarcalogos asks silently to God.

Suddenly a voice draws his attention near the portal.  He looks over and sees a man talking to Master Aslin, the portal merchant.  Through all the time Sarcalogos had been in this area, he had never bothered talking to the old inconnu.  Sarcalogos was content in this area, and never had a reason to leave, yet.

"Speak to Tylwith," a small voice rang in his head.  Tylwith?  He had heard that name, but had never met him.  Was this him who was speaking to Master Aslin?  Sarcalogos walked over to the man just in time to thank the inconnu and turn to him.  The man looks at him for a moment as if waiting for something.

"Are you Tylwith?" Sarcalogos asked the young man.

"Aye, sir, and who might be asking?"

"Sarcalogos."  He holds out his hand.  Tylwith takes it and lightly shakes it.

"Sarcalogos, nice to finally meet you," Tylwith gladly says as he returns his hand to his side.  "I have heard about you from others in our guild."

"I don't get around much.  I feel that I am needed here, for now."

Tylwith nods his head.  "I understand.  What can I do for you?"

Sarcalogos reaches into his pouch and pulls out the tattered piece of parchment.  "I have a message for Chivah."  He holds it out to Tylwith who looks at it curiously.  "I am not sure what it means, but God gave it to me and I am sure that Chivah will understand its meaning."

"I am sure he will."  Tylwith takes the parchment and places it neatly into his pouch.

Sarcalogos looks around then steps closer to Tylwith.  "If you don't mind telling me, what that message may be about."

"I am not sure, but I do hope it is about Chivah's sister."

"His sister?"  Sarcalogos is surprised.

"Aye, his sister was kidnapped several weeks ago by a group of bandits.  We have recently found information that she had been sold to slavers.  I was hoping to find some information, here.  Master Aslin sees many come and go through here, since he is in charge of the portal to and from this land.  It was a long shot coming down here, but I felt that it might just be helpful."

"Did he know anything?"

"No, but your message I am sure will be helpful for Chivah, whatever it may be."

"Aye, God knows what is needed.  I will pray for him."

Tylwith nods. "He will greatly appreciate it.  I must be off to find him."  Tylwith starts to turn.  "Would you like to join me?"

"Nay, sir, I feel that I should still stay here."

Tylwith steps closer to Sarcalogos and lays a hand on his shoulder.  "I ask you, then, to keep an eye out."

Sarcalogos nods.  "Aye, I shall.  Take care and may God keep you on your journeys."

Tylwith nods and quickly runs back to Master Aslin.  He hands the inconnu several silver pieces and in turn receives a scroll.  He shakes the old creature's hand then vanishes in a flash of light.

Sarcalogos stares where Tylwith once stood. "Lord, I pray that your will be done and watch over those on this quest.  Thank you Lord for your mercy and love."  He nods, knowing that his previous quest must wait for another day, and another sunrise.

Tylwith finds himself back at Forest Sauvage after the port from Master Aslin. He quickly finds a horse and rides towards the plains where he hopes to find Chivah.

The long journey is almost over as the horse gallops over the prydwen keep bridge, its hooves clapping against the stone. A little piece more, knowing the horse would not be able to take him where he needed to go,Tylwith decides to jump off the horse and run on foot. Smoke rises from over the hill and he pauses to wonder in curiosity. Slowly creeping over the hill, Tylwith sees the smoldering remains of a tree.

"Chivah has to be here," Tylwith spoke to himself. In caution, though, he stealthfully walks over to the charred stump, hiding in the shadows of the other trees. As he approaches he hears voices. Peering around a tree, he sees Chivah and Roenry speaking. Not wanting to interrupt, Tylwith waits behind the tree until the conversation is over.

Tylwith removes the parchment from his pouch and looks as Roenry stands up from the conversation. Slowly, Tylwith walks over to the couple. Startled, they quickly put their hands to the hilt of their swords. Chivah is the first to recognize him with a smile.

"Tylwith!" Chivah runs up and hugs his comrade.

"Looks like I missed all the action. What happened? Did you find your sister?"

"In good time, my brother." A renewed strength comes over Chivah from his friend's appearance.

Roenry sneaks up behind Chivah.

"Did you find anything?" Roenry asks. Chivah turns to look at Roenry, wondering what he has been up to.

"I could find no information." Tylwith rubs his thumb across the message from Sarcalogos. "But brother Sarcalogos wanted me to give you this message." He hands it to Chivah who looks at it with questioning eyes.

"What does it say?" Chivah looks up at Tylwith.

"I do not know. He said it was a message from God, and that you would know what it means. I felt it should wait for your eyes to see."

Chivah unfolds the parchment and looks at it, baffled at first by the short message.

Tylwith removes his cap. "What does it say?"

Chivah shakes his head and walks over to a nearby rock to sit and ponder the message. He bows his head and silently prays, "Father, what does this mean?" He opens his eyes and looks at the parchment again, hoping that God will answer.

Chivah kneels down in prayer, coming to the Lord humbly and with question.  At first, his friends only looked on with curiosity, but they soon knelt down in prayer.  For they remembered the scriptures when it said "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

The three continued to pray, some whispering others in silence.

Delira trodded across the lands in sorrow.  She had asked a man to perform a small favor for her, and in exchange, he stole her money.  Bitterness and sorrow began to grow inside this woman as she began to lose faith in the world.
But she heard something strange in the distance, and slowly she approached.  There in the grass knelt three men, praying earnestly for something.
"You are a great and wonderous God" prayed Twylith aloud.  "I trust in you, for only from you can come the very truth and life that feeds us all."
Normally, Delira would have just shrugged these men as crazy and wandered off, but what was wierd was that Twylith was speaking her native language of Greek, and it touched her.  Nobody in Albion knew of her origins, and of course nobody could speak her language.  Yet here he was, a man of God, praising God in her own tongue.
Her heart was touched and her courage renewed as she strode off to consider the miracle she had witnessed.

Chivah stopped and stood, his friends noticed and they too stopped.
"What is it?" asked Roenry.
Chivah stared off into the distance and smiled.  "God will add."
"Huh?" replied Tylwith.
"Joseph.  It means 'God will add'.  He is telling me that my sister will be found unharmed and that God will add her back into my family.  All I have to do is go get her!"
"Now??"
"No.  I have to wait first.  I have to wait on God's timing because he has to do something first.  But once God is ready, he will summon us!"

The three cried and rejoiced in God together as they walked back into town for a bite to eat.

God will add.

Back