Chivah's adventures continued

Malohaut

At last, the moment long awaited for had come. Today was a very special and important day for several reasons. First off, Chivah had finally paid off his debt for his crimes and was now a free man. He had worked hard to pay for what he had done and now, his pennance is complete. Second, the day had come for the next phase of his raid on the bandits. A few friends he had made signed up for his request and he would accompany them out into battle. Donning his war garments and sheathing Liberator 2, Chivah set out the eastern gates. Just as the sun was beginning its journey that day, so would he.

It wasn't long before he met up with the group at border tower. It was a wonderful family of friends that welcomed him into their guild and had offered their assistance in his quest. We had Cammm the wise. He was the eldest of the group and would always share his wisdom and theurgist skills where needed. Next was Tylwith the scout. Chivah had been close with Tylwith longer than any of the others, and it was a special treat to venture with him again. Then there was the great Tovizi, wizard extraordinaire. He was not only hot on the fingertips, but was always on fire for God, and was a great inspiration to the group. Saffa and Rashtal proved to be powerful and deadly with hidden precision as they liked to keep out of sight until the battle, then strike with fierce and deadly blows. These were two very honorable warriors of the group. Then there was the man who's bravery was almost unmatched, who would stand by Chivah's side in the thick of battle. Cydry was a deadly reaver. And finally, last, but certainly not least, was the shy but blessed Chaerity, the medic of the group. Her heart and dedication to bandage and heal helped keep the entire group together.

Together, these brave souls traveled through the deadliest of the plains to reach their point of attack. Forward and to the right was the main camp in front of the bandit's headquartered cabin. It was there that Chivah's sister was first taken and it was there that he would search for clues to her whereabouts. He would have his vengence and his attacks would not cease until he got at least some answer.

Although anger attempted to consume his heart, Chivah knew better, for such was the way of the rougue, and such was a way of life he would never follow again. Upon his knees he fell, and he prayed to God with all his heart. He prayed for thanksgiving, for guidance, and for strength in this endeavor. For his motives were not to kill and destroy, but to find his sister and free her safely. When he was done, the holy spirit came upon him and gave him great peace and strength, and Chivah stood and withdrew Liberator 2, ready for battle.

After the prayer, the others got themselves into position. Chaerity stayed back out of battle's way, ready to help heal wounds while in just the opposite manner, Tylwith raced forward to attract some attention. As the others readied themselves for battle, the holy spirit came upon each of them, giving them added strength and courage. A returned Tylwith was followed by the initial wave of bandits, who sought to slaughter the heros.

Chivah yelled a tremendous battlecry and charged into battle. His sword sliced in timing with Cydry's whip as together they attacked the nearest foe. It was not long before the enemy was felled, yet just as quickly another took his place as more bandits raced from the camp. Fire and ice flew everywhere trying to keep the incoming crowds at bay while Chivah, Tylwith, and Cydry fought together on each one.

The battle was a long-drawn out one and it seemed stalemated as both sides began to tire. Saffa came out of no where to plunge a deadly blow while Rashtal followed suit with another. Chaerity continued her prayers and healing while the elementalists continued their brave effort. With the Lord on the side of our heros, the tide of battle slowly turned, but at a small cost.

All bandits were finally felled where they stood, almost taking down 3 of our heros. Chivah, Cydry, and Rashtal bravely sacrificed themselves for the group, allowing for victory, yet they were not dead. Thanks to the immediate care of Chaerity, the 3 fallen survived, but with scars. It was a glorious victory, and the battle had been won. But was it enough?

A day later, Chivah sat quietly on the pier, allowing the rain to wash over his fresh scars. With the box clutched in his hands, he looked out into the ocean, thinking and wondering. All that effort and all that fighting for one little clue found inside the cabin. But what did it mean? Where was it supposed to lead him next? Does he still have time to figure out the clue and free his sister before it was too late? Only time and God will tell.

to be continued . . .

OOC: just had to say i love the picture of chivah sitting on the pier of gothwaite harbor, that is a awesome pic!
smile.gif

keep em coming, i am gonna be posting on the stories again here soon once i get it all figured out how i wanna write it!

zigafus/tylwith

Chaerity nudged her horse to run a tad faster as she prayed. "Dear Lord, let this key unlock the mystery of Chivah's sisters wherabouts."

It had been a grueling evening. After she had tended the wounds of her close friends who had bravely fought the bandits she hung around to assist as the friars prepared the bodies for burial. She had been asked to go into the bandit house in search of bedding that could be used to wrap and move bodies. A chill ran down her spine as she entered the house. Chaerity frowned as she thought what that poor sister of Chivah must be going through. She began pulling sheets off a bed in the corner of the room when she heard the sound of something chinging onto the floor. Upon closer inspection she discovered a small bent key. She gasped as she remembered poor Chivah pondering over a small wooden box he had found on one of the attacking bandits. Could this be it....she snatched the key and ran in hopes of finding Chivah as quickly as possible.

As she approached Caer Gothwaite Harbor she saw a figure sitting upon the docks. As the breeze blew she could faintly make out the outline of a Knights of Trinity cloak blowing in the breeze. It had to be Chivah. She quickly dismounted from her horse and ran to meet him.

Hearing footsteps quickly approaching behind Chivah turned to see a breathless Chaerity quickly approaching. "Chaerity! What brings you hear...is something wrong?"

Chaerity reached into her pocket and pulled out a small shiny key. "This may go to the box you found." Chaerity replied breathlessly. Chivah took the key and put it in the small keyhole of the box. Quickly turning he heard a "click". Indeed this was the key to the box. He slowly opened the lid revealing some pictures and a note.

Orders From Hairn

Meet us at the White Horse Encampment. I've had enough of this Chivah. He will pay. I will kill him with my own hands and make money off his sister when I sell her into slavery! He better hope he finds me before the slave master comes to make his deal or he'll never see his sister! Deliver this set of pictures to your brother in the camp as he knows a few slave masters who will pay a higher price for her.

Chivah knew what he had to do. He needed to call his family together to aid him on the rescue of his sister. He knew he would not be able to save her alone...not against a whole encampment..and what if she had already been sold to a slave master? He needed to get to that encampment to either save his sister...or learn who she had been sold to!

Tylwith sat quietly in the shadows just off to the side of gothwaite harbor where his dear friend chivah sat to meditate!

as time passed tylwith wondered what is was like to have a family only to lose them. His heart began to feel for his friend. Then just as he was about to bow and say a prayer for his friend, the lass chaerity came racing upon chivah on her horse! Not knowing what was happening the young scout ceased his prayer and inched closer to the 2, using the shadows so he wouldn't be seen..........

During the night, Chivah nodded off, the box clutched in his hands. It was a strange dream that came to him. One of a massive battle against a giant elf, one that caused Chivah to twitch and turn. It was a tremendous battle to watch as the elf called for help and healed itself. Though it fought valiently, its end finally came. As did the end of the dream. But what did it mean? Was it a sign? Probably not, but pondering these things helped to keep his mind off of current issues.

Issues like yesterday, when Chaerity brought him the key that showed paintings of where his sister was. He was grateful and hugged his friend tightly, promising to get a fresh start early in the morning.

After donning his traveling gear, Chivah looked out over the waters one last time. Hopefully this time he would find and free his beloved sister and rid her of her current tribulation. Looking over was his always loyal friend Tylwith, who was ready to follow Chivah wherever was needed. Together, they set forth towards the Salisbury plains.

"So where are we headed?" asked Tyl.
"Back to the plains. Apparently she's still there somewhere and I have the picture to show where." replied the paladin.
"Do you recognize that hillside symbol?"
"No. But I know somebody who does."
"Who?"

That's who.  Roenry, the guild's ranger.  He wasn't well known in the guild as he seemed to keep mostly to himself.  He was always watching and observing, yet ready to help whenever.
"Excuse me." said Chivah as the two approached the ranger.  But he got no reply.  Roenry had taken aim at a distant swarm.  Grove Nymphs!  These were nasty creatures who seemed to delight in waylaying unsuspecting passerbyes.  Tylwith got in a few pot shots with Roenry before the ranger stopped his hunting and looked up.  Chivah took the opportunity while he could.  "I was wondering if you happened to recognize this hillside symbol."
"Yeah.  I know it.  It's right over there." he said pointing behind him.  Sure enough, there it was, plain as day.

It took to daybreak to explain the situation and ask for Roe's help. He agreed to help seeing it was an important cause. Soon, Chivah had switched to full battle gear and the three were ready for the attack.

Sure enough, there was the very carving in the hillside and the very stones that gazed upon it. This was certainly the place, but alas, no sister. "I think we need to ask these blokes a few questions." said Chivah. The two archers nodded in agreement as they aimed for the nearest rouge and fired.

Back