Chapter Challenge: A Watched Pot Never Boils

Taledin

This is the first quarter of the second chapter. I need to pick up the pace, I know.

2​

Twenty minutes had passed sense he had taken me away. I sat in the back seat listening to Johnny and the older man talk, though I do not remember the conversation exactly. I just sat there. I looked out of the window as we drove over the overpass. When I looked back, Johnny looked back at me with a smile. I tried to smile but I could not.​
“You're a mighty quiet one. What are your interests? Do you have any hobbies?”​
“No,” I replied with a low voice, veering my eyes down towards the floorboard.​

He stared at me for a few moments longer and sighed. After he had turned back around he said, “Sayings, do you know any of those?”​
“A few I guess,” I replied, again, with a low tone. I looked back down as he turned to stare at me once again.​
“What are some that you know?”​
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” I muttered.​
“Cheer up,” he insisted, calmly, “this is only temporary.”​

I remained silent despite the question he frequently asked. After an hour or so he turned around, yet again, to say, “I know a few sayings. When you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Have you heard that one before?”​
“No, I like sayings though.”​

He smiled and looked me in the eye and said, “Now, there ya go. You look much better when you aren't staring at the floor. So, you like saying, huh? That's good. It shows character.”​
I smiled and replied, “Yeah.”​
“Well, we are almost home. Do you know what a rottweiler is?”​
“No, what is it?”​
“I have two of them. They are dogs. Their names are Cally for Cally Tender Blue Suade Shoes and Sash for Sasquatch. Have you heard the story of Sasquatch?”​
“No.”​
“Damn, you don't know much a nothin do, ya? What was that woman teaching you. She was probably a wooden spoon mama, hahahahaha.”​

I looked at him with a sharp eye after I heard that sentence come out of his mouth.​

I know, I wish I could make them longer. This chapter will be in sections because my time is limited. For the third chapter I will do what I can to make time for it.

And I'll check back on this when I can spend more than 0.00 seconds of my time doing anything other than homework, eating, sleeping, and practicing piano for the next 5 weeks of my life :3

You know what, Amicus, you're right. I need to stop procrastinating and finish what I started.(No sarcasm intended)

Back