CfD - What Class/Role are you playing?

ewoksrule

I am going to make an official thread here and keep it updated. Post here what class and role your main will be and I will delete your post and update the OP.

In-Game Name/ Forums Name

Sith Warrior - Tank
Dos/Mordos
Eruorton/Manabyte
Mustachio (50)
Kracer/Epikfail (50)
Vadder/Spamalots (50)

Sith Warrior - Melee DPS
Brootis(50)
Phalentol/kahiel
Whon (50)
el3ment
Loneshadow (50)
XionTawa

Sith Inquisitor - Tank
Soul/Souladin (50)
CaptianVideo/CptVideo
Dai/TheRedView

Sith Inquisitor - Healing
cranky/madmetal (50)
Ogyrvran/janc
Willcraft
Nazereth (50)
Gizmo/BlackOllie

Sith Inquisitor - Ranged DPS
Lisarae/Lisarayne
Vertras
Xiemon/Xaris
Marinus (50)
Grimburzshakh/Grimbeorn (50)
Elader/Elader Arkon

Sith Inquisitor - Melee DPS
quantum/galatian
Bretta/Morthax (50)

Imperial Agent - Heals
Xanius/Sayhellotolane
Gilga
Keero
Silverchiss

Imperial Agent - Ranged/Melee DPS
Aleron
Apollyon
Joshinator
Wizbang/Sklurb

Bounty Hunter - Tank
Reinhold/Gator
Tarsis/Tagtarsis

Bounty Hunter - Heals
Zaffann/guardianspirit
Deamiter
Lothain/Cryogenic (50)
Mirakle/ewoksrule

Bounty Hunter - Ranged/Melee DPS
Genghis/Gator
Sarugon (50)
Augcliffe/tomfoolery_79

Last edited by a moderator:
I took your names off if you picked more then one, This is just for MAIN toons so people have an idea of what the Guild is lacking.

Reply with your main's in-game name and I will add it.

Last edited:
I'm officially playing a Sith Juggernaut as a Tank for my main.

(If the guild is in need of DPS for Operations, then I'd consider switching to DPS, but I prefer Tank Spec.)

I'm level 50! After much thought, I'd like to stay in my tank role, however, if we're really really tank heavy, then I'll think about switching to DPS. I tried DPS today, but playing in all greens didn't go so well.

Should we open a seperate thread for L50 toons?

I'm level 50! After much thought, I'd like to stay in my tank role, however, if we're really really tank heavy, then I'll think about switching to DPS. I tried DPS today, but playing in all greens didn't go so well.

Should we open a seperate thread for L50 toons?

That had occurred to me, but I don't really want to add another sticky about this. I'll just put some notes next to people who are 50 instead.

Ok, that is WAY too many tanks. Go ahead and switch me to DPS and I'll catch up with Bretta on some tips for the DPS spec.

Ok, that is WAY too many tanks. Go ahead and switch me to DPS and I'll catch up with Bretta on some tips for the DPS spec.

Don't pull the trigger on that too quickly. There are 5 level 50 tanks on there right now, but only one is anything other than a juggernaut (you) and I have 2 50s so I can easily go either DPS or healer very easily. In fact, I've been gearing up my Sorcerer thinking that I'll probably do that. We need to know how many of those tanks are going to show up consistently before we change our setup too much.

That said, you can definitely start practicing for DPS. Just don't sacrifice your tank set to do it. I'll move you to DPS for now, but I don't know if we want to get ourselves down to only Juggernauts as options for tanking.

EDIT: My other concern looking at this list is that we have a LOT of melee. It does show four tanks at 50, but it also shows FIVE melee DPS at 50. On the other hand, there are only 3 healers and only 2 ranged DPS. If the operations in TOR are much like WoW raids, then we'll probably find that having too much melee DPS makes it harder to succeed. That's another reason why I'm probably the first person that should swap over to another character, since I'm the only melee on there that could go ranged instead. Hopefully we could still succeed with a lot of melee, but those melee people do generally have to be more skilled in order to be successful.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gunna try out Madness DPS for a bit, but yeah, I'll be keeping my Tank gear around for sure. Assassins make very good tanks for group pulls, we've got a lot of AoE stuff.

I had switched my level 42 BH over to DPS, however alot of its skills are short range DPS. within 4 meters. That being said I am not so sure a Powertech Advance tech is ranged DPS so much as close-mid range DPS.

So far Im not 50 but I am not sure how I will fit into this.

I went ahead and switched my inquisitor to my main for the time being as a ranged DPS. It looks like we could use more options there and I do enjoy doing that. He could also be a healer if necessary.

Can remove 'Keero' from Agent healing, Rockhound will be my main with Bounty Hunter Pyrotech DPS. Or if we don't have enough tanks, I will switch to that for endgame, not really picky.

And 'Reinhold' was deleted, can remove him from tank as well.

So I tried DPS and found that I'm not a huge fan of DPS as an Assassin (didn't really like Rogues in WoW either). Soul is a tank once again and I'm doing dailies and PVP to try and gear him up. I'm also bringing up either a Merc or Sniper for ranged DPS, not sure which yet, got my Merc to 20+, now going to do the same with my Sniper and see which I like better.

Weazel is my main, Powertech tank. Even if we have a lot of tanks we barely have any PT tanks so I don't think it should be a problem.

Once Weazel hits 50 I'll work on either an Op or Sorc healer, haven't decided yet.

Not a fan of DPS so I'd rather stick to tanking or healing.

Baldee is a jugg tank and working on an Merc alt to heal w/.
The jugg can pretty much only tank, i'm afraid.

Back