Call for donations for the Christian Gamers Alliance dedicated server hosting expense

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Originally posted to the Christian Gamers Alliance General Discussion Forum:
We currently have $194.74 USD in the CGA Paypal account, which means we're $200.26 USD short for our yearly dedicated server hosting expense due Sunday, July 15.

The Christian Gamers Alliance is 100% funded by donations from community members. We do not receive any revenue from advertisements or donations from any organizations or churches.

If you like our forums and Mumble server, consider donating $5 or more to help keep them online.

If you're able and willing to donate AFTER tithing to your local church, please send donations via Paypal to donations AT cgalliance DOT org.

God may choose to bless you financially for your donations. Then again, He may not. It's entirely up to Him whether He does so or not; we can't force His hand.

What I do know is that this is a great community and dedicated server hosting, like so very many things, requires money to keep goin'.

Update from July 21:
Okay, we have a new goal and a new deadline: $530 USD by Tuesday, July 24.

We currently have $402.85 USD in our Paypal account, leaving $127.15 USD to raise in 3 days.

I'm confident we can do it!

EDIT: $420 (a $25 per year increase over our previous bill and not at all unreasonable) of the bill goes toward a year of dedicated server hosting while $110 will cover the expense of migrating to a newer, better server.

To clarify what I think I know (Tek can tell you otherwise,) the CGA's host jacked the prices on them -- something they knew could be coming but didn't get a confirmation of until very recently.

To clarify what I think I know (Tek can tell you otherwise,) the CGA's host jacked the prices on them -- something they knew could be coming but didn't get a confirmation of until very recently.

This is true. We did a little shop comparison of what it could cost elsewhere to get the dedicated server we have and this is still an amazing deal even with the price jump.

Back