Beowulf

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
I just saw it, and from a film perspective its pretty good. as an actual movie and me enjoying it... not so much. it was one of the most brutal films i had seen in a while, and all i can say about the rest is the commentary me and a friend had: Nakedness Powers ACTIVATE!

EEEEWWWW! nude guys killing things!

The scotts lifted up there kilts and flashed the opposing armies before slaughtering them. Grow up guys, you've seen it all before. I can't wait to see it, I loved the poem/book/epic, and I think the movie looks awesome!

as a christian we should not allow the eyes to see it, and the movie took out all christian views formt he book and rest. Jolie herself said she would not see it since they did not tell her they were going to make her naked the whole movie since it was computerized.

another thing was, beowulf was NOT christian in the movie. after a battle he said "praise odin" which most of the people were odinists except 1 guy converted to christianity in that land (in movie terms)

First off, Beofwulf had no Christian elements in the original story, they were added in by monks who translated the story. You guys need to grow up and get into the real world, not every movie is going to be a feel good unviolent wuss movie. To tell you the truth, any Christian movie I've seen except for Passion of the Christ has sucked. If you can't handle movies, and your just going to complain about it the whole time than stop seeing movies. No one is going to change for you, so suck it up.

as a christian we should not allow the eyes to see it, and the movie took out all christian views formt he book and rest. Jolie herself said she would not see it since they did not tell her they were going to make her naked the whole movie since it was computerized.

Than you better not look in the mirror after you take a shower.

harsh words phantom. Overall i dont know the "real" storyline of beawulf. so i was seeing it and judging the film for what it was. i know ive seen more brutal and gory movies, but just not for a while, least not since akira or passion. and the semi nudity was a bit excessive imo. I'm doing broadcast production and i analyze movies for the "film" value of them and thats it.

I am going to have to disagree with you Phantom, there are alot of good "hard to swallow" movies out there that do not depict any violence or nudity, on the same token if a movie doesnt have either, those movies do not automatically become "wuss" movies. If violence is your thing than more power to you, but I dont think it is right to bash the ideologies of others as well as their tastes in movies. Some movies require violence and partial nudity to properly depict the story being told, I think most adults can handle that. But sometimes these elements are used merely to sell a movie with no purpose whatsoever. And personally I enjoy feel-good movies, for after a day of work-related and other stress factors, it does feel good to watch a light-hearted story; which noone should feel ashamed to admit to.

Back