base server is up

Hescominsoon

CGA\TOJ Hosting Manager
There is now a shiny new Centos 5 Linux server waiting on wirly. It has the following statistics:

It it actually a virtual machine. (Base os is win 2k3 x64)
1 gig of ram
One opteron 1.8 ghz cpu
20 gigabytes of hard drive space. Partitioned as the following:
/boot 100 megs
swap of 1 gig
/ @19 gigs

This is going to be gfc's cs server<s>. I just upgraded to a much faster connection so we will be able to handle more users later on.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to work on this, this weekend. I'll hopefully have @ least one of the CS servers up for the late weekenders.

I'll post on here once she up and running. :D

Ok gang,
May not be until LATE Monday night for the servers... this test is going to be a big one. I'm going to study all day Sunday and most Monday.

Well gang, hopefully this weekend will be more productive for me. I've got a test Thursday, so once that passes, I'll spend some time on the servers. I'll keep you updated.

Pie: HURRY UP!!! :D I'm sure Gen will have the servers nice and broken in for you once your up and running. :D

Ok tests and homework are light now... I'll start plugging away tonight on the server and see how far I get. :D

Ok I think I'm about 2 steps away from having the 1.6 server flying.... now I just need to figure out where the wings are.... :D

well running the server inside vmware was not pleasant. I'm going to recommission a server for this gfc purpose(aka 1.6 and source servers) and let everyone use that. Once i figure out the issues with the vm then i'll go back to it. I should have things setup by Sunday..,...:)

I tried running the server under a windows vm i have and it ran just fine. I am going to try a different centos version and see if that helps. I now know it CAN be done under vmware..i'm wanting to get it done under Linux..if i can't i will setup a winders vm and pastor and i will get it working..:)

ok pastor..since windows is the only thing that runs well under vmware(in terms of what i have immediate access to) i am setting you up with a windows server 2003 web edition server with 40 gigs of disk. i'll let you know when it's up and the rdp port is opened(you'll have to use remote desktop).

Good to hear you guys are staying on top of stuff, even if I am away right now. :( I miss being able to chat/play with ya'll.

At least I can stay posted via the occasional internet check up I do.

Back