Anyone seen Toxikk ???

Blackbeard

Hey fellow UT Gamers and Friends of a Great Game, I hope everyone has started out the new Year in Good Spirits :) ColdSteel, Captain Tea, Mighty Gerbil, DannyMeister, Tek7, Omega Amen, and even Missionary , and others have talked about what is to become of Unreal Tournament or When? but I saw TOXIKK on Steam, Using Unreal Engine and maybe it is me but it almost looks like UT Did, Vehicle Warfare included..Instagib & Mutators. I am going to buy it to Frag like it is 1999 again so maybe we can get back together for a Comeback Tour :):cool:

I never really liked fast paced arena shooters but I did like playing UT while it was with you guys ;). Thing is I've given up on playing any FPS other than TF2. My internet sucks any enjoyment out of it. It takes me multiple hitches just to watch the Steam video on Toxikk (and a crash when I tried to speed it along). Regardless I hope you get the peeps BB it does look like UT players will love it. Good to see you!

Hello Stranger, I must admit I do not play like I used to when I was with all the toj Brethren, too uch late night is not what this old salty dog is into anymore or the crew will have me swabbin the decks he he. Toxikk is very much like UT...almost Identical to the original but the characters move at a normal walk but Double jumps are back lol, whats up with your ISP MG?...as I remember you had a decent speed but everyone had a better a faster speed than me, now I upgraded to a VSquirrel with twin Turbo Turtles & Rammed Duck Air...peaks at 25 Mbit down and 5 Mbit up.

Last edited:
Hello Stranger, I must admit I do not play like I used to when I was with all the toj Brethren, too uch late night is not what this old salty dog is into anymore or the crew will have me swabbin the decks he he. Toxikk is very much like UT...almost Identical to the original but the characters move at a normal walk but Double jumps are back lol, whats up with your ISP MG?...as I remember you had a decent speed but everyone had a better a faster speed than me, now I upgraded to a VSquirrel with twin Turbo Turtles & Rammed Duck Air...peaks at 25 Mbit down and 5 Mbit up.

I don't know what it is with my internet. Sure all internet connections have delay and mine was never any exception but now it's just frustrating. Ping kinda fluctuates but it stays low so it's not like lag spikes. I'm guessing some kind of packet loss or error. All I know is my bullets go through people a lot more than they used to. It became the same way on Blacklight or Planetside 2 until I quit playing them. I'd line up a perfect shot only to have the first few rounds seemingly go into nothingness, same thing on TF2, it will even do it on near stationary targets sometimes. I really think it's AT&T as we've had lot's of issues with them. We suspect they are trying to phase out DSL to make everyone buy U-verse (which we can't afford).

Anywho glad to hear about your internet upgrades. The technical stuff is pretty greek to me but it couldn't have happened to a nicer pirate. Yar avast ye swabs you'll be storming our borders even quicker now.

Last edited:
I have used different programs over the years to troubleshoot why my already slow Internet was having Traffic Jams but I still use Ultima Traceroute http://ultima-traceroute.software.informer.com/1.0/ which also helps Identify the Hops or Route your ISP routes you through along with Ping & Packet loss and it is free, Speedtest,net http://www.speedtest.net/ will test your Speed, Ping to the nearest Server for your ISP and it can also test the quality and give you a rating for your Internet Provider. If you do Identify a Issue then it is a matter of getting AT&T to change the Server start point, I researched the U-Verse for AT&T and they are not too expensive for the services offered, I currently pay$75. dollars for mine which includes IP Phone/Internet Satellite & DSL Internet, expensive yes but worth it for me. You could always call and talk to them, maybe you can customize a packet to suit your needs M.G. :D

Thanks BB I'll look at some of that stuff but AT&T isn't going to do anything they've been talked to thoroughly to say the least.

Where are all the Unreal players at? I would have thought at least some would have seen this thread. You might want to ask some of the players you play with via Steam if you don't get any interest in Toxikk here.

Toxikk has looked like it probably has pretty good gameplay. My favorite thing so far is the trailer though. Nice to see that there's a backlash in recent times against some of the game design that has become all-too-prevalent.

One thing that Toxikk hasn't done which Reflex might, is be a little more distinctive on the graphical front. Hard to tell at this early stage.

I'm interested, but I've stopped paying attention to games in alpha or beta status (which includes games in Early Access) with very few exceptions.

I'll probably add Toxikk to my Steam wishlist and then wait for a good sale. I have too many games that I've purchased in bundles that I haven't played yet to pay full price for anything new.

But it looks good! I just hope the movement isn't so complex that I lose any chance of scoring a kill on the likes of Dannymeister and Mostly_Harmless. :D

I agree DannyMeister...Toxikk needs some graphical work and tbh the character skins are boring, the game is practically Unreal 99 - the cool skins and player base. Tek you hit the nail on the head about Early access games or Alpha/Beta's, most of the time it is better to wait 3 months and get the game on sale, there are advantages and disadvantages to either way, Toxikk is fun but I have always said the Players make the game fun, if it were not so early my time, I do miss the great Games we have all enjoyed, Frag Fests are always a Blast :)

Back