Anyone here play Dance Dance Revolution?

They're good, but I don't think they're better than the official Konami pads, unless you get the special Ignition™ Pads for only 10 Easy Payments™ of $4.99 plus Shipping and Handling™.

No, I'm not joking about the cost. Those things are nice.

If only I had the money... Oh, well. There are more important things in life.

*scratches chin sagely* Hrm. What pads would the DDR freaks recommend for the Sega Dreamcast? I need to start getting more exercise, but I don't care to hit a public gym quite yet. Well, that, and gym memberships costs money, and I'm unemployed right now. >_<

IMO, Red Octane is the best.. atleast my favorite hehe... they register really well and slip less with more renforment. if you plan on competing (doubt it but still) get a metal one.

after playing on our madmax pads, I would think that the next pad to buy would have to be a full metal one, the fabric ones do not last long (about 3-6 months) if you use it often and the more you use it the shorter the lifespan... metal housing pads are the way to go plus you can get really good ones that have light systems

DDR Pad

These pads look promising.....

Hrm, I didn't see anything for the Dreamcast there. I suppose I could always buy a PSX-to-DC controller converter and use that instead...

Metal pads are the absolute worst thing ever to play on. Trust me, I used to own some. Tek, you may have seen them at some point.

They didn't hold up well to use. They were made out of flimsy sheet metal and I had to resolder cables almost every time I used them.

The best pads I've ever owned lasted for two years. They were two cheap $15 eBay pads with a couple of plywood planks and some hardwood floor covering.

Find the guide here.

After modding the pads, just replace the hardwood floor covering (which will stretch over time) about every three to six months. About ten minutes of work each time. They're definitely worth it.

We have a local arcade here in Omaha that has 7 DDR machines in the same place, so thats the major hot spot on weekends. It's actually one of my favorite games - tons of fun and keeps me in shape
tounge.gif

Back