Anyone hear of Planeshift?

SSquared

Anyone hear of PlaneShift? It's a free MMORPG that is currently in beta. I haven't yet downloaded the files but was just wondering if anyone has heard of it or know of any details?

Well, the screenshots look nice. There are currently no quests at the moment, but you can run around the place and talk with NPCs. The talking is somewhat interesting. You actually type to talk. No choices. You have to type in "Hi". And then maybe ask, "What's your name?" and stuff like that. That could be cool or it could end up being cumbersome. The developers need to ask themselves if it is worth the programming effort to add that level of sophistication into the game. Will the players enjoy that aspect enough to make all their hard work worth it. I guess at this point, they feel the answer is yes.

All I've done is read the website. I still haven't downloaded anything.

With text you can develop NPC discussions quicker and easier.

The screenshots do look nice, but I question it's functionality as an MMOG. Where did you read it's that? The costs are so great, and not getting ANY money from your players because you just download and play the game? How does that work?

I downloaded it, tried to run it, it runs slowly, sluggish even. but as they said this is just a tech demo, not an actual game (or even beta)

Looks intresting I guess I'll have a look-see.
tounge.gif

I wonder if the sluggishness was on the server-side. Too many people on-line or something. Thanks, Kidan for checking it out. Maybe I'll wait for another update.

I read parts of the web site, it looks like an interesting game but it puzzels me why a game on that level is free. I have played several free online games but they are not of this quality.

no, I think there was only 20 or so folks online. It might be due to my drivers not liking opengl very much

Back