An Open Apology

Tempt

Hello to The Forgiven club! :)

My name is Vern. Some know me as Agapepanda ingame.

This post is specifically to Tiffany (Raid Organizer) and to the awesome Friday Raiding Group. I wanted to first share my remorse for missing the raid yesterday (Wednesday 10-19-11). I spoke briefly with Tiffany in game last night and was compelled to make an open apology.

Yesterday was the SECOND raid attendance mishap that has involved me in the last couple months and I'd like to offer an explanation WITHOUT attempting to excuse NOR minimize the facts.

First, several months ago I had an opportunity to raid with the Fail Pug group on with my restoration druid before becoming a guild member and I was very excited about the opportunity. (Who wouldn't right. they just killed Rags)Toward the end of the work day I noticed that the time was cutting very close for me making the raid on time.

The prudent thing would have been for me to get to a computer and make a post on the forums that I am running late. This would at least allow the Raid Coordinator (Tiffany) some time in advance to find a replacement. I regret not doing that and I have to live with the reputation/stain of being "sketchy", "unreliable" or down right "irresponsible".

I have since purchased the Wow APP for my smartphone and I can ALWAYS log on real time and make a /gchat or /whisper with a heads up on my status.
There is more.....

Yesterday (Wednesday 10-19-11), was an off raid night which the FRIDAY RAID GROUP decided to raid and down all bosses up to Ragnaros, giving us all night Friday to work on Rags. The problem is that I completely and utterly forgot about the Wednesday night raid. I think that my work load this week while being on call and other things caused me to have a lapse of memory on yesterdays upcoming raid.

Let me say this. I don't think I "Personally" know anyone in The Forgiven guild in real life. I do respect each and everyone in TF and I know how important it is to fulfill an oath. I think signing up to raid as accepted is an oath taken, to some degree. Yes, it indeed is an oath. I understand that it is very important not to waste 9 other member's time when they could have planned to do something else. I pray never to let you all down again this way.

As a somewhat solution for me in preventing this blunder from happening again, I will simply sign up as Tentative during the week that I am on call. Since things get really stressful for me during that time. I'm always on edge and not thinking about the subtle/simpler things as much.

Again, I am sorry and my apologies to the FRIDAY RAIDING GROUP for letting you all down yesterday. It really bothered me last night when Tiffany whispered me on my alt inquiring what happen to me tonight and I drew a blank. I did have the slightest idea what she was referring to, and I should have.

In closing, I do hope that this post will be read and received in the spirit in which I'm submitting it. See you all in game.

Vernell Johnson Sr.

Hey Vern this is Jayse. Wednesday was a sub raid we were hoping to do that only lasted an hour and a half and it was only planned a few days in advance. I personally forgot that I am not able to attend Wednesday night raids and I don't even know if we'll continue attempting to do that. There are other options we could do but it's really not that big of a deal man. We understand that people have situations where they aren't able to make it for certain reasons or they forget. Since that was just a few days in advance and it was kind of iffy when we set it up it's truly not a horrible situation man. We are glad to have you healing and if you would stay a "main" in our raid I personally would be grateful for each time you are able to show up!

Back