70 Rogue Build. Discuss.

Moonscipher

This is a posible end game rogue build. I've been working with a seal fate build while leveling and have had some success while instancing also. I haven't used Mutilate yet so I'm wondering if I should stop at Vigor and put the rest into combat/sub. Anyway, let me know what ya think.

41/13/7

That looks pretty sweet, I think I might distribute the points slightly different in Assassination but overall, looks pretty solid. I used Mutilate 41/10 before TBC came out, very powerful.

Yeah I've looked a little into the assassination tree and other that having 3 points in Kidney shot there's not much else for me. I really love Quick Recovery and I thought that Master Poisoner would help keep the DP on targets. I could switch the 2 points from fleet footed to Imp Kidney Shot. Maybe even drop a point somewhere for the third. Anyway seeing how most instances are setup right now I think I like the Mutilate build compared to a Combat/Dagger build. If you can elaborate a little on where you'd put your points please do :) Thanks Adam.

This is my main build: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...233550100050150223012515002000000000000000000

I am more of a consistant damage over time/sword rogue than a burst damage rogue. I also don't like constantly working my way around the mob to get behind them for most Assassination talents. I usually start with a CS-SnD-SS-SS-Evis (and maybe a Riposte in there too - I know that I am the only rogue that uses this, but I like the quick, easy damage and knocking a weapon out of someone's hand is always fun :) ) The SnD is typically wearing off just about the time the mob dies. On bosses, I usually do SnD with 5 points for the long haul. I also use a lot of poisons and haven't seen much of a problem with them being resisted. Granted, I am just into lvl 64 and this may be more of a problem later, but for now, I don't see the poison application talent being needed.

On a (kinda) separate note, is anyone using the spell Envenom? Instant damage based on how much Deadly poison and how many points you have on the target. I didn't pick it up because it doesn't seem like it will fit in my playing style, but will if someone who does use it can convince me of its worth :)

I was thinking of a few builds before the expansion came out, there are so many nice builds now that have pretty awesome applications. Since I cannot try any out for myself as of yet it is hard to say what I think the best one is.

Dagger builds:
30/31/0 - Seal Fate/Combat Daggers (Focus is on fast combo generation and still having decent white damage) You do sacrifice Opportunity, but you gain 2 cp for every crit.

46/0/15 - Mutilate/Ambush enough said... Cold blood causes both Mutilate(Main Hand & Off hand) attacks to crit last time I checked, which is nasty. I hope they do not change that.

41/20/0 - Mutilate/Partial Combat(till you get +50% offhand damage) I suspect this may be one of the highest damage builds due to the way Mutilate works and the bonuses based on Poison, post finish-moves and kidney shots.

16/0/45 - Assassination/Sub... this would deal out insane amounts of damage really fast. However, during prolonged persistent combat it drops off, brutally strong openers though.

15/41/5 - Combat Daggers, I am not sure yet how powerful this build will be with the change of +daggers or the lowering of the crit rating of a lvl 70 char.

Sword builds:

20/41/0 - Combat Swords
30/31/0 - Seal Fate / Combat Swords

Since I have played a Combat Dagger rogue for so long I do not have a ton of input on Swords builds. I leave that for those who love using swords :)

Anyhow thought I would share my thoughts for those who can try stuff out and see what works. Hey, do not forget to let us all know what you find out. :)

Anyhow have fun, hopefully see you again some time.

Later,

Shane aka Ironwolfe

Ok, after being a self-proclaimed sword-rogue, my next 2 drops were blue daggers that I couldn't say no to. Having said that, I now need some advice from my dagger weilding bretheren as to a change in talents. I read Shane's post above and went for his 41/20/0 build, with a few modifications. I always told myself that if I decided to switch from sword to dagger, I would complete the poison talents. Therefore, I have come up with:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...203052000010000000000000000000000000000000000

tell me what y'all think

-Steve

I'm thinking you should have stuck with swords ... traitor ;) You got to let me know what daggers you got though. I am only 66 but the daggers to date have not tempted me at all. Even the swords so far have been nothing compared to the two gm swords I have. That all being said, I know I will go with daggers again ... eventually and likely for pvp. I will go with a pvp build and keep pvping with her. Mutilate build is awesome. I played with it at 60 for pvp 41/10/0 and loved it. At level 70, I think I would go with rip and dagg spec. instead of the endurance/dual as I would be after burst damage for pvp which the dagger specialization gives.

I picked these up when I was lvl 64 (65 now - Woot!!), but better than any swords I have seen drop or available for honor purchase at my level so far. I have seen a better sword at lvl 66, but I might try to keep the dagger thing going for a bit. My current weapons are:

Wastewalker Shiv
The Stalker's Fangs

I would have to say that these are not as good as the gm weapons, but for drops, they come pretty close.

Last edited:
Back