2 free games * 2 PSN accounts = confusion

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Okay, so my wife and I each have one PSN account. I already own inFamous and LittleBigPlanet, so only 3 of the 5 free "Welcome Back" games interest me.

I'm planning on snagging Dead Nation and the Wipeout HD bundle on my account, then asking my wife to snag Super Stardust HD.

My question is: If I do it this way, will my wife need to log on with her profile (and, by extension, her PSN account) every time I want to play Super Stardust HD?

If so, it's not a big deal as Super Stardust HD does not feature online co-op. I'd just like to know in advance.

I believe so, may be tied to the separate accounts. It's okay though, SSHD is offline anyways. :p

PSN ate two of my games, stupid errors. :p

Aye, I downloaded Dead Nation and Wipeout HD + Fury on my account, then downloaded Super Stardust HD on my wife's account. I was able to switch back to my account and play SSHD without my wife having to log in.

Since I already own inFamous and LBP, there's no point in downloading a 4th free game.

Aye, I downloaded Dead Nation and Wipeout HD + Fury on my account, then downloaded Super Stardust HD on my wife's account. I was able to switch back to my account and play SSHD without my wife having to log in.

Since I already own inFamous and LBP, there's no point in downloading a 4th free game.

Did you enjoy Dead Nation? I was thinking about getting that one. I already downloaded the the Wipeout, and I think we can play that as a toj.cc event?

Did you enjoy Dead Nation?
It's good. Not great, but good. I played a level of DN with Keero and had fun, but it mostly made me want to reinstall Alien Swarm and play it again. (AS > DN, IMO.)

I already downloaded the the Wipeout, and I think we can play that as a toj.cc event?
I'd be up for that. I wasn't able to win a race in the demo version in 8 tries, so I'm going to try reading up on a guide and see if there's anything I'm just not understanding about controls or gameplay mechanics.

Concur'd, DN is not incredible, but it is a 15 dollar title. Decent.

I've played Wipeout over the years, the racing does take awhile to get the hang of.

I'd be up for that. I wasn't able to win a race in the demo version in 8 tries, so I'm going to try reading up on a guide and see if there's anything I'm just not understanding about controls or gameplay mechanics.

Wipeout for the ps1 was my favorite game for the longest time. Its from the era of games where you played one racing game over and over and over till you mastered every turn on every track and loved every minute of it. The game was unrelenting hard if you didn't know exactly when to start your drift. (I remember the Red Bull ads they had in that game back in the 90s and wondering what it was only to try a Red Bull many years later.)

Games like this are pointless for me now. With such a huge stockpile/queue of great games to plow through and 3 kids, I would never spend the time to master a single game like I did "back in the day."

Last edited:
Games like this are pointless for me now. With such a huge stockpile/queue of great games to plow through and 3 kids, I would never spend the time to master a single game like I did "back in the day."
QFT.

It's good to know that Wipeout HD is difficult by design. It makes me feel less like a n00b.

Back