Christian Gamers Alliance call for donations for 2013 expenses [UPDATE: We did it!]

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
It's that time again!

I haven't yet checked our PayPal account to see how much we currently have available or how much more we'll need to pay our yearly dedicated server hosting invoice, but I wanted to post this while I was thinking of it and had an opportunity.

As always, information on supporting the CGA financially is available in the Support the Christian Gamers Alliance thread.

If you have some extra funds after paying bills and tithing to your local church, please consider donating to keep our community online!

I won't guarantee that God will bless you either financially or otherwise for donating (that's up to Him, not me), but I can guarantee that it costs money to rent the dedicated server on which our forums are hosted and that every donation is greatly appreciated! :)

Total due is $420.00 USD and is due Monday, July 15. We currently have $118.76 USD in our PayPal account, which means we need $301.24 USD in two and a half weeks to pay the invoice.

EDIT: I typically only post calls for donations once a year, so if you're new to the community, rest assured that this is a rare event. I make a point never to "rattle a tin cup," but instead clearly state how much we need, why we need it, and when we need it by. The how and when are covered in this post; the Support the Christian Gamers Alliance thread explains the "why" in greater detail.

Last edited:
Once again I write and mention that setting up a recurring $5 is the best thing you can do. I notice it run through my paypal each month and I dont have to worry about it and its just 1 less starbucks drink per month. Seriously ya'll I would really encourage you to help. I know you might think you dont have any money, but I'm looking at potentially selling my house because of job related issues, and $5 was not the cause of that :D

Once again I write and mention that setting up a recurring $5 is the best thing you can do. I notice it run through my paypal each month and I dont have to worry about it and its just 1 less starbucks drink per month. Seriously ya'll I would really encourage you to help. I know you might think you dont have any money, but I'm looking at potentially selling my house because of job related issues, and $5 was not the cause of that :D
Agreed!

When I was typing my original post for this thread, I wanted to say "Thank you very much!" to those who donate to the CGA on a monthly basis, but, unfortunately, was short on time when posting. So I'll say it now!

To our monthly donors: Thank you very much! :)

Monthly donations help build our funds with as little as $5 a month and decreases the total we have to raise when we receive our dedicated server hosting invoice each year (as noted in my previous post).

One-time donations are, of course, also very much appreciated.

I'll be providing updates over the next 2 weeks to let everyone know how much we have left to raise to pay our invoice on July 15, but if you're planning on donating, please do so soon!

Only 3 days left until the deadline! We've received several donations but, last I checked, we're still far short of our goal.

Our current PayPal balance is $199.64 USD, meaning we still have to raise $220.36 USD in 2 days.

Every little bit helps, so please prayerfully consider donating today. If 44 people gave $5 each (and one of those folks pitched in an extra $0.36 :)), we'd meet our goal

i'm assuming we just lost our server?
Nope. I just got home from work and I'm about to check the PayPal account balance as soon as possible (though I may have to eat dinner first), but even if we didn't raise the full amount, I may be able to work out a deal with our hosting provider to pay for 6 months at a time (though I'd assume we would need to pay more than half the yearly bill since we get a better rate paying once a year).

I also suggested ToJ picking up the remainder of the tab (which, last I checked, stood at about $120) and no one has objected to that proposal yet (that I know of).

Regardless, we'll work something out. :)

EDIT: Our PayPal account currently stands at $306.80 USD, leaving $113.20 USD to raise (or for ToJ to cover).

To clarify my earlier suggestion (about ToJ covering the remainder of the bill), members from ToJ have donated to the CGA, both monthly and sending one-time donations. Members from other groups have donated as well. There is no established percentage (i.e. this group must cover this portion of the CGA yearly bill) because the community has always covered the bill in full before. We're currently short for this year's bill, but, in all fairness, I did a pretty lousy job of getting the news out to everyone in a timely manner.

In other news, if anyone is interested in volunteering to serve the community, we could use a Fundraising Manager. :)

Last edited:
WE DID IT!

HUZZAH!

I am very VERY pleased to announce that we met our goal (and actually exceeded it by $17.28 USD) tonight. We received two donations in the last few hours that put us over our goal.

The invoice has been paid and we are online and good to go for another year!

A HUMONGOUS "Thank you!" to everyone who donated. Without your donations, we would not be able to remain online.

Yes, I'm a little giddy from meeting our goal, but even if I weren't, I'd still be honored to lead such an amazing community. :)

YAY!

/confetti

Back