Catching up on the gaming years I missed... :)

Logos

Yes, I am nintendo fanboy at heart...it is just what I grew up on and I know they are not really #1 now but they are the games I enjoy the most. :) Anyways, I am making an endeavor to go back and pick up on the gaming years I lost out on. In other words, I am going back and going to try to find a good cheap GBA, and also pick up some of the excellent old school RPGs I missed out on. I missed the whole GBA era and most of the DS era, due to college and post-grad studies, and marriage, and kids. :)

ALTHOUGH, the only way I may get just the 3DS is if anyone knows for sure they are releasing all the old GB and GBA games onto the 3DS shop channel. :) Let me know if you hear anything...unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to pa rouse the gaming news feeds a lot. Thanks guys!

Also I would love for you guys to look me up on facebook and twitter. :)
Facebook - look up Andy Devine (Location is Maryville, TN)
Twitter - devine_andy

Look forward to connecting with you all!

Last edited:
okay thinking this through a bit more...if I go old school DS, which I found one for $50..the old original silver "tank". I can do DS and GBA...until the 3DS drops in price...what do ya think? Wise? Or should I just stick with the GBA and wait till I can get a 3DS? Thanks guys...I always enjoy talking about what I am deciding on it helps put things in perspective. :)

I have a DS Lite (well... technically two... but one is possessed, turning itself on and off at random, so I pretty much count it busted). It's a good way to go. The original DS isn't as nice, but it'll get the job done. Superior backlighting over a GBA SP, too.

Personally, since I don't care for handheld/portable gaming, I just buy the GBA games I want then play them as archival/digital copies on my modded Wii through VisualBoyAdvance. >.> (/legal application of emulation last I checked)

okay thinking this through a bit more...if I go old school DS, which I found one for $50..the old original silver "tank". I can do DS and GBA...until the 3DS drops in price...what do ya think? Wise? Or should I just stick with the GBA and wait till I can get a 3DS? Thanks guys...I always enjoy talking about what I am deciding on it helps put things in perspective. :)
I recommend a DS Lite. There's no region locking and it should be significantly less expensive than a DSi, which, IMO, doesn't include enough new features to justify the extra expense.

I'd advise against buying a 3DS until Nintendo releases a second generation model. It may be a while, but it will happen, regardless of Nintendo's suggestions to the contrary. Any first generation model will have issues (even minor ones) that will likely be fixed in a hardware revision.

And as always the ole wise leader, master tek, has the simplist but best advice. Thanks!!

Simplest and perhaps most biased. :D

I've probably spent more time playing my DS Lite than any console in recent years. I <3 my Wii, PS3, PS2, PS1, and Dreamcast, but portability = convenience = more game time. The library for the DS Lite is so massive and so chock full of excellent titles (whereas the 3DS library is just starting out and, IMO, as of yet unimpressive) that it could definitely occupy your gaming time until Nintendo releases a second generation 3DS.

Woot! Got my DS lite this evening...so I am excited to get started on some of the good ole' classics. :)

Back